Forum Replies Created
September 19, 2020 at 10:13 am #181677
Linked image could work if it use an https link.
Unfortunately, if you’re self hosting it like me, you may use an http link.
You can attach pics but keep in mind that there is a size limit.0September 12, 2020 at 2:04 pm #181547
I’m sorry but I keep posting things that trigger the spam filter.
I made two post in my BRS dedicated thread and the non-https posted pics prevent them to be shown.
0September 7, 2020 at 2:49 pm #181393
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Koin-Koin.
It seems you fix a previous thread and not the Yak 1 thread.
PS: I’ll send you a reply to the PM
0September 7, 2020 at 1:02 pm #178178
- This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Koin-Koin.
Those Corsairs should have been done a long time ago.0September 4, 2020 at 8:49 am #181302
Looks like a good alternative. Thanks for sharing it.
The only difference I can notice here is that this one seems to be made of harder plastic. Not sure if it changes anything here.0September 3, 2020 at 8:49 pm #181279
Another post waiting for validation or stuck in the spam box.
I replied to the BRS Yak1 or 1B thread (I appear as the last poster in the thread list) but the post doesn’t show.
It may be due to 2 links I put in it, but one is to WL store and the second to the BRS official site :/1+September 3, 2020 at 8:43 pm #181278
Also it allow easier storage as the models can be removed from their base/peg.
I love the Virai minis but on they don’t fit most of the standard foam spaces ^^0July 30, 2020 at 9:16 am #180272
I’m not a very skilled painter but here is a few things I can share with you:
– Sprues: priming on sprue save time but you still need to adjust a few things once pieces are cut from the sprues. Being the best option or the worst (or something in between) really depends on the kind of models. Don’t forget that you also may have to spend time to protect part that you don’t want paint on it to ensure proper gluing.
– painting fully assemble or piece by piece: sometime the model itself told you what is the best option as bigger model are easier to deal with piece by piece but for standard soldier I prefer painting it fully assembled as I won’t have to struggle with the glue vs paint problem when assembling painted parts.
– shiny/flat paints: to me it’s not an issue as I varnish all my minis anyway so I’ll get an overall mat varnish spray once finished for protection and if some parts require a glossy finish then I’ll brush a gloss varnish on it. Also (it may not be a concern for Black Powder but it is for other era) when using decals you should put a gloss varnish before the decals then re-varnish once they’re set so the flat/shiny nature of a paint is definitely not an issue.
On a more general note here is the two things I try to follow (but still struggle with it):
– learn to thin your paint to the proper consistency
– “let it dry” (you can sing it with Frozen’s theme in your head).
I would also suggest to check the BP sub-forum for more specific advice.
Cheers2+July 5, 2020 at 5:47 pm #179719
So obvious and efficient. Thanks a lot.0June 29, 2020 at 6:31 pm #179503
Thanks for the update, unfortunately I missed it but seen that pics are ok now.
I can’t force https on my side but it should be how things should be done to avoid you to lower forum security.
I’ve just post a reply in the BRS forum (rules topic) and the post is still invisible while I appear as the last poster.
The reason I suspect is one of the link I put in it. One is the BRS site, the other to another forum topic.
EDIT: and thanks for the planes 😉
1+June 5, 2020 at 10:31 am #178808June 5, 2020 at 10:30 am #178807
- This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Koin-Koin.
You’re right. Now that you mentioned it I remember this to be explained quite some time ago.
I need to get the PDF and start working on a french version of it too.
By the way, French FAQ is now available. New diagram too and free to use. I’ll add the link in a second post as it seems that they tend to be blocked.0June 4, 2020 at 11:03 pm #178803
The one with A B C.
As I don’t own airstrike so far that explain why I couldn’t find it.
So does airstrike contains updates of the core rules ?
I assumed it was new mechanics only.
Thanks for the clarification.0June 4, 2020 at 4:50 pm #178800
I’m updating the French faq and will include a vectorial version of the added diagram.
I didn’t find it in the rule books. Can you tell where it com from ?0May 14, 2020 at 6:08 pm #178365
Just noticed that a nicely presented version is available on the BRS dedicated page, but it’s the September version, not the December one.
I should update the french version by the way.0