New Midway Starter Set – contents break down

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies New Midway Starter Set – contents break down

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Renko
    Participant

I did a breakdown of the new starter – details here

https://twtrb.blogspot.com/2021/09/blood-red-skies-midway-starter-not.html

Koin-Koin

Nice to read as usual.

As the newsletter just provide more details about the content I just noticed that the Zero are M2 while the one available since BoB release are M5.

Models are obviously different sculpts as the new are made of Warlord Resin but I don’t know if there’s much visual difference (as far as I know the main upgrades were engine and guns).

Renko
    Participant

I’ve not had a chance to compare the physical models however the A6M2 is a totally new sculpt  and it has different stats, including the new “No Stalling” trait. The main visual difference is the A6M2 has longer wings, and the A6M5 has three visible exhaust pipes each side at the edge of the engine cowling.

Koin-Koin

The M2 profile was introduce in the Imperial card set.

Renko
    Participant

Yes , but the stats are updated in this release to take account of the new “No Stall” Trait

Nat
    Participant

thats going to cause problems….. same aircraft with 2 different offical stat cards from different current sources 🙁

Sorry but the BoM zero should have got the the same as with the card pack and the ‘no stall’ a ‘named’ equipment upgrade. (ie one thats for zero m2’s only)

This is just another reason why WL need to do a card pack of some discription – i’ve got one zero M2 card but now i’ve got to buy another box of zeros to get an improved version???? (or print a no stall trait card and glue it on to one of my many tight turns and write on the M2 card that it has the new trait )

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Nat.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.