New player

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Oliver Lüdtke
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, it seems New players exist haha, i just got the starter set, and one of the Gahr Rebell crawler.

Given that it seems i am currently the only (active) Player in the Region (but worry not there is quite a large group of hobbyists i will draw in ) i would like to get a bit up to speed with the current developemend of the game as a whole, and a few more generic question.

So, first, I did read that at least some modells are currently undergoing a Re Sculpt, with the new sculpts beeing shown a few days ago at Facebook.

Is it only a few reworks, or is the range as a whole redone?

I did check different retailers and nearly everything is marked as out of production.

From what i have heard, some official some half official, sources, developement of the rules is ongoing, and Re releases are planned.

Anything more substanzial out there to tell New players?

Given the Website and the Fan Blogs cast a rather unhealthy Light on the system, if someone would just skim them, it seems since 2018 basicaly nothing relevant happened.

You have to dig quite deep to figure out that things where indeed moving.

What happened to the quickstart rules? Having a link at the homepage leading to an error on the webstore is not exactly reassuring i have to admit.

And last but not least, is there a good army builder out there?

Battlescribe seems to work, but Looks a bit out dated.

Regards,

Tim Bancroft
    Keymaster

Welcome Oliver!
    Some replies to your questions are embedded below.

>>some modells are currently undergoing a Re Sculpt, with the new sculpts beeing shown a few days ago at Facebook. Is it only a few reworks, or is the range as a whole redone?
    The models shown were just the Isorian phase squad. We won’t know what’s going to happen with Antares for a few months, at least, as any V2 was badly hit by CoViD, putting it back by at least two years: like every other company we need to reexamine what we’re doing in light of what’s happening now. Sorry I can’t be more specific!

>>I did check different retailers and nearly everything is marked as out of production.
    All I can suggest is that you check the Warlord store’s Antares pages (https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/beyond-the-gates-of-antares) for anything you might want.  If something is out of stock, either click the ‘reminder’ box or contact the help desk (info@warlordgames.com).

>> From what i have heard, some official some half official, sources, developement of the rules is ongoing, and Re releases are planned.
    Version 2 was largely tested and was down to low-level tinkering. Up until CoViD shook the world we also regularly checked rules and issues updates to BtGoA as and when they were needed. I know nothing of any ‘Re release’ plans, so it sounds like a rumour. It might help to know that the only real source of information is announcements via the Warlord emails, which will be echoed here or on the Facebook group.

>> What happened to the quickstart rules? Having a link at the homepage leading to an error on the webstore is not exactly reassuring i have to admit.
    I’ve tried the links I know of on the webstore and they appear to lead to the quickstart rules. Can I suggest you send the link url and the page where it is to the help desk (info@warlordgames.com) so they can let the web team know and track any fix? I’ve also just checked https://www.gatesofantares.com/quick-start-rules-pdfs/ and there are links to all the quick start rules pages, as well as Base One, which is a cut down but still highly functional version of Antares.

>> And last but not least, is there a good army builder out there? Battlescribe seems to work, but Looks a bit out dated.
    It may well be. I use Army Builder, which is pretty solid, and Rick’s system (pencil and paper) from the latest lists (FAQ, errata and lists are all on Rules Central). Support for Battlescribe and AB is on Facebook and its best submitting requests there as neither are Warlord products (https://www.facebook.com/groups/547335118761237 and https://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames).

Hope this helps, and have fun!

Oliver Lüdtke
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello Tim,</p>

Thank you for the answers, really appreciated! Maybe i should get in touch with support in general, i might have a few ideas 🙂

Beside, the answer to my first question Sounds kinda dishearthening it have to admit, but i most certainly read a bit to much doom and gloom into it hehe.

About the quickstart rules, yes the Page which you linked works, the links themself to the language versions (english Version, german version) lead to the 404 not found error in the webstore.

Regards,

Oliver

Koin-Koin

I’ve checked the links and I confirm Oliver’s issue.

The main page is loading fine but when clicking to any of the rulebook links, I’m redirected to the store loading the good page but instantly replaced by a 404 one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.