Scratch built terrain

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Scratch built terrain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alan Evans
    Participant

Made this coastal defence gun from scratch. Was hoping to see other people’s terrain. Hoping for inspiration. 

+2
    Jacob Carter
    Participant

Looks good dude!  Here is a wrecked P51 I made by beating up a model kit then molding the ground beneath it.

Kar98k
    Participant

Who makes a 1:56 scale P-51 Mustang? Are there any other planes in 1:56 scale like maybe a Spit or 109?

Master Chief
    Participant

I think it might be a 1/48 scaled model. Perry miniatures website lists a 1/56 BM 58 Junkers Ju 87 B2 ‘Stuka’ resin kit that comes complete with decals and a transparent canopy.

Jacob Carter
    Participant

I’m pretty sure 1/48 is a lot closer to Bolt Actions infantry models scale than 1/56 is.  Tank crews always seem much smaller than the standard infantry but the pilot for the mustang was just a tiny bit larger than an infantry model.  It’s close enough that it doesn’t bother me as much as the tank scale.

The model was a Airfix P51-D, I’ve also got a Me-109 I’m working on.  I’d love to eventually like to make some terrain modeling a German airfield for a fun attack/defend scenario.

Kar98k
    Participant

I’m pretty sure 1/48 is a lot closer to Bolt Actions infantry models scale than 1/56.

Because of the heroically really-over-sized body parts (but not height), I used to think this too. Check out this thread:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.