West German Farm Board.

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action West German Farm Board.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Edwin
    Participant

I bought a box of US Rangers which I made into regular Infantry and Engineers. And I got a German Pioneer Team I turned into Sturmpioneers and Ostruppen.

I made the board first. Assembling the models. And I got to start on terrain.

The Americans will be either the US 1st or 3rd army. The Germans will be the 7th Army focusing on the 352 Volksgrenadier Division. It’s late War and I’ve researched that more encounters happened with the 3rd and 7th army in the later war. But the US 1st has had more engagements with the 352 starting on D-Day. Maybe I’ll do a combination of 1st and 3rd US Armies.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Edwin.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Edwin.
    Kar98k
    Participant

I made the board first. Assembling the models. And I got to start on terrain.

Looks good. Did you make the board in 2×2 sections?

Edwin
    Participant

Yes, the boards are in 2×2 sections. Some of the boards can be swapped around and it matches up nicely. Next board I make I wont put the roads and terrain directly on the board.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Edwin.
    Paul Nettle
    Participant

Very nice indeed.  Which buildings and other terrain will you be adding?

Edwin
    Participant

I’ll be starting with some simple things like fences and hedges. A Barn. A Silo. A few houses. Then Ill work on random farm equipment and see where I go from there. A well and some trees. An outhouse.

Darin
    Participant

Nice battle board…my problem has always been storing larger items like that.  I think they make fantastic looking miniatures look even better when played on a board like that.

Jacob Carter
    Participant

Looks awesome dude!  I’m only up to a 4×4 foot board which has taken forever to build.  I’m trying to theme it as Holland during Market Garden and will probably have US Airborne with British armor against mixed forces of Germans.

Edwin
    Participant

Just finished shading a test german

Edwin
    Participant

New picture. Shaded one squad.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Edwin.
    Edwin
    Participant

I edited my reply but now I cant see it.

I primed two armies.

But I have no idea what colors to paint them. Well I do. The US is green uniform with khaki trim but I want exact colors. And the germans are like blue grey and something else grey. Well at least one specific luftwaffe division i found was. But it looks like most germans are green tops and green or blue grey pants. And then camo of all colors. Cant make up my mind on colors.

https://i.imgur.com/Dbh0s0D.jpg
    <h2>Actually the lists I have are</h2>
    US 500p.

Veteran First Lieutenant.

6 Veteran Infantry with BAR and Tough Fighters.

6 Veteran Infantry with BAR and Tough Fighters.

8 Regular Engineer Squad with NCO SMG and Flamethrower

Regular Bazooka Team

Veteran Sniper team with SMG for spotter

<hr />

German 498p.

Veteran First Lieutenant with 1 Veteran

6 Ostruppen with NCO SMG

7 Ostruppen with NCO SMG and LMG

8 Sturmpioniere with NCO SMG and 4 SMG and Flamethrower

Regular MMG

Regular Goliath Demo. Team with NCO SMG

Veteran Sniper Team

Paul Nettle
    Participant

“I edited my reply but now I cant see it.” Yes, I have often found the same problem.  I post something, the topic says I was the last one to post, but I cannot see it.  I reported it to customer services, and they said they passed it to the web-team.

invisible officer
    Participant

For a typical German Farm of WW II time you should not add a silo.  Silage was common in UK and Scandinavia but most German Farmers still used hay only. A  farm in Western Germany sounds like Northwest to me.  Mostly smaller ones with some animal raising too. A fruit garden would be typical too, apple trees and some cherry ones.

The Farmer often living in a “Hallenhaus”, combining living and storage under one roof.  Often even with stable inside.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallenhaus   shows some typical.

Same was common with the Dutch, adding more gaming backgrounds.  Don’t forget a source of water, a small river or a lake.

Great to live within, my godfather, an architect, bought a 300 years old  one and reconstructed it with old wood, collected from many sources.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.