Tea in the Desert

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Tea in the Desert

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Corso
    Participant

I have always been interested in the North African front of world war 2. Warlord Games’ plastic british and commonwealth kits are good value for money besides being nice miniatures. So I decided to start a small project – a small force for Bolt Action. The game does not require a large number of troops (unlike pike and shotte and Hail Caesar), and have some friends who play the game – one has Germans, one has Italians, and another has Americans. So Brits for me, though I’m still keeping an eye on Warlord’s promise of a release of plastic Italians soon.

I assembled and painted my first squad – Australians. I took extra time for painting them, especially the flesh and basing, which I had to change the colour because I didn’t like the way they were turning up. Veterans would have had darker skin, so the skin is a bit lighter than it should have been. Also, most probably they would have worn helmets in battle, but hats make them more recognisable during a game.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Corso.
    Greg S
    Participant

They are very nice indeed.

Dr Dave
    Participant

Lovely Aussies.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Superb! A very nice paint job indeed. All with the bayonets fixed, so Dr. Dave will be happy 😉

invisible officer
    Participant

Nice tea drinking guys.

Marc Titley
    Participant

Very nicely done.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Fantastic work – when I get around to my Aussies I hope they’re somewhere near half as good!

One detail you may want to take another look at – the Lee Enfields appear to be painted metal on top, they should have full length wooden hand guards.
    SMLE pic

Corso
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Enfield rifles modified accordingly – thanks Stuart 😉

Lieutenant next in line……

Corso
    Participant

Lieutenant and attendant done. Used the commonwealth box for both of them.

Joakim Nyberg
    Participant

Looks nice buddy 😀 Keep em coming

Corso
    Participant

Thanks Joakim!

Light mortar team added, this time Indians.

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.