Penetration

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Penetration

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul tysoe
    Participant

In a game earlier today, it was suggested that penetration only applies against armoured targets. Ie flamethrowers or heavy weapons do not count penetration against soft targets or infantry.

I have always played penetration counts against all targets as per page 61.

Arty Gun
    Participant

Of course, penetration counts for all targets. This makes up for the difference between being hit by a pistol round, and a bazooka round.

Steiner
    Participant

What about a bazooka or a panzerfaust (hollow charges)? Can they shooting against infantry? How would it work?

Arty Gun
    Participant

Yes, bazooka and Panzer Faust can shoot at infantry. Unless you rule a one to wound, which is always  unsuccessful, that soldier will be dead if it was hit by one of these weapons in the game. Real life, infantry soldier would’ve been blowing apart, and his friends will be looking for his dog tags in the goo.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Arty Gun.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Arty Gun.
    L.T. Russell
    Participant

In our recent Konflikt 47 league, I used Panzerschreck teams to blow up Russian Ursus infantry and an American player used Bazookas on some of my Nacht Alben.  Penetration makes it easier to kill everything….

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Penetration, the weapon stat, applies vs all targets as you stated – P61, second sentence of the definition. What doesn’t apply except when heavy weapons hit armoured targets is the pen modifiers (side, rear, top, long range) from p106-7, Vehicles, Shooting At Vehicles, Damage vs Armoured Targets.

Aidan Degg
    Participant

Yeah I believe it counts against all things. If it didn’t there wouldn’t be a great deal of point in the HMG vs the MMG.

Jermaine
    Participant

Yes, penetration works on infantry.

Otherwise, Vets with body armor is awful to get through

invisible officer
    Participant

In real life there had been splinter rings to fix to the Panzerfaust head.  So it could be used like an HE grenade too.     The PIAT was even better for that role. With no backblast safe to use in rooms or trenches.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.