Indirect fire from moving vehicle

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Indirect fire from moving vehicle

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SteveT
    Participant

Still amazes me how I seem to find questions I can’t answer in the rules…

I know you can’t move a Fixed weapon then and fire it with a single Advance order.

But I am not sure about firing a howitzer from a tank with an Advance order? I think its ok?

How about a mortar that is part of the weapons of a halftrack?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by SteveT.
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

You are correct about the fixed rule being what prevents most (not all) indirect fire weapons from moving and shooting. Light mortars are generally not ‘fixed’ so can advance and shoot.

Vehicles are exempt from the fixed and team special rules – p104, Vehicles, Vehicle Mounted Weapons, Fixed and Team Weapons.  This means there is nothing stopping you from using vehicle mounted indirect fire weapons on an Advance order.

SteveT
    Participant

Thanks Stuart.

arcole
    Participant

Do remember that every time the vehicle moves you will need to restart the ranging in process.

invisible officer
    Participant

Well, in our home games nobody would use indirect fire from a moving vehicle.  You have to stop and do the ranging process if you do not intent to waste amo by putting the rounds far away from target.

In real world indirect fire the smallest change of barrel to the side or up and down would have big effect. Even streets are  not so smooth to allow it.

Alan Tibbetts
    Participant

But MRLs never get better than a 6 anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.