Yugoslavian army list

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Yugoslavian army list

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Janos900
    Participant

Hi All,

where can I find army list for the 1941 Yugoslavian army, please? There is none in the Armies of France and the Allies book.

Master Chief
    Participant

Based on my limited knowledge of WW2 if you are talking about the National Liberation Army and Partisan Detachments of Yugoslavia, it should be included under the Partisans army list in the Army of France and the Allies book.

Nat
    Participant

As Master Chief said, there isnt a separate Yugoslavian partisan army list but rather they come under the partisians heading in the armies of france book.

If you look at the liberation list (pg 107) it mentions being used for Tito’s forces….

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

1941 would probably be the German invasion of Yugoslavia more than the resistance, if so that’s an area I don’t believe has been covered yet by Warlord.

Germany Strikes ends with the fall of France (too early), Ostfront skips from the Winter War straight to Barbarossa, Duel in the Sun only goes as far north as Greece in that period.

Nat
    Participant

Ah yeah….

In which case I’d use the fall of france french list as a base with modifications – ie only light tanks, free conscript rifle squad instead of Artillery.  As they where mainly french equiped.

Royal Yugoslavian armed forces – Balkan Military History (balkanhistory.org)

Master Chief
    Participant

An army that collapsed in just eleven days in April 1941 …

I suspect that was the main reason why focus was placed on the Yugoslavian partisan resistance forces which started fighting back from June 1941 onwards starting in Croatia (according to Wikipedia).

Nat
    Participant

but doesnt germany strikes have a Danish army list?  And they didnt last that long!

Master Chief
    Participant

Haha perhaps Warlord learnt their lesson from that “outing” … a list for an army that surrendered after 6 hours isn’t going to be used much 😆

Nat
    Participant

more likely they havent looked at the balkans in depth…..

next campaign book any one?    Italian invasion of Albania and failed invasion of Greece with the german intervention!

new models – none needed (although the greeks could get a unit or two)
    new units – a few Greek & Balkan units… possibly an italian one or two..
    new theater lists – 1 greek, a couple of Yugoslavian, a couple of italian and a german one
    new scenarios…possibly
    reprint of existing terrain and obstacles with new rules! :p

Master Chief
    Participant

Haha please no more campaign books 😆 I am still waiting for PDFs of the Mariana and Canadian Sector books …

Jaesen
    Participant

The Bulgarians wanted a slice of Yugoslavia too, and a Balkan campaign would be a nice opportunity to get them expanded selectors/ options the way the Hungarians did in Fortress Budapest.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.