Warlord german light mortar model

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Warlord german light mortar model

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steeljackal
    Participant

Im looking for german light mortar (western front, Normandy).
    On warlord store I found only a light mortar in afrika corps set.

Do you know if there is a generic light mortar?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Steeljackal.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Steeljackal.
    Jacob Carter
    Participant

Have you kept the heads from German grenadiers or other sets?  If you have, just get the DAK set and paint the uniforms Feldgrau instead of tan.  I’m no historian but as far as I can tell the uniforms and gear are pretty much the same.  You won’t get any STG44s in the kit but if you’re like me you have enough already  🙂

If you haven’t been already I highly recommend keeping all your spare parts, especially for Germans.  The German kits seem to be the most versatile of any army.  If you’re doing really late war, Winter Germans will be your best friend

Steeljackal
    Participant

Mmm so there isn’t a light mortar team alone or in a support set, but I have to buy 40 euros afrika corp set… Mmm I already self made an antitank rifle, sturm pistole and grb-39 grenade launcher models, so now  I try to make a light mortar team😅

Jacob Carter
    Participant

Ah lol, didn’t realize that was the only thing you needed.  From the looks of it DAK is the only set that has it.  You could get a single sprue and make the mortar, plus a few unique rifleman or MG team; never hurts to add extra variation to your army

Here’s a link to buy a single sprue if that’s what you’d need to get it done

Steeljackal
    Participant

Thank you! This is a good idea

Alan Hamilton
    Participant

If it is a late war light mortar then why not buy the SdKfz 251 mortar upgrade sprue and convert the 8cm mortar to the short version? It should not be too difficult.

Jacob Carter
    Participant

I think main reason would be value, if you buy the 251 upgrade you’re paying £5.99 and only get 2 guys and a mortar that you have to convert from medium into a light mortar.  With the DAK he’d be paying £6.00 get what he wants and be able to make 4 additional infantry that’ll be unique.

Though thanks for making me aware of that kits existence, I’m definitely gonna pick one up to make another medium mortar out of!  I hate working with metal

Kar98k
    Participant

Im looking for german light mortar (western front, Normandy).
    On warlord store I found only a light mortar in afrika corps set.

Do you know if there is a generic light mortar?

Steel, what about this one?

<label>Product Code: </label> 403012023

Link – https://eu.warlordgames.com/products/blitzkrieg-german-5cm-granatenwerfer-team-1939-42

Steeljackal
    Participant

Thank’s, I didnt found it before, I search light mortar and didnt found.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.