USMC Dog Team

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action USMC Dog Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark Prichard
    Participant

A USMC Dog team can have between 1-4 handlers with each handler with a dog.  Do the Dogs count as models and can be taken as a casualty or are the handler and the dog considered 1 model?

Master Chief
    Participant

Empires in Flames page 104:

USMC Dog team

Cost: 18pts (Veteran)
    Team: 1 handler
    Weapons: Each handler has a rifle or submachine gun (as depicted on the model) and a dog
    Options:
    • Add up to 3 additional handlers at +18pts each 
    Special Rules:
    • Tough fighters
    • Spotting: Hidden enemy units are revealed if a dog team moves to (or is deployed) within 24” of them.

I believe each handler is 1 model, and the dog is treated like a “weapon”, similar to a rifle. This is similar to the Soviet Anti-tank dog teams where the dog is treated as a one-shot weapon.

Master Chief
    Participant

On a side note will these DUST models (see attached photo) fit the Bolt Action scale?

Attachments:
    Master Chief
    Participant

Looks like the Dust figures are a bit too tall, according to this pictorial comparison.

Kar98k
    Participant

I have a couple of friends that have DUCT figures, and we did a simple comparison sometime ago. The DUST figures are very much taller than the 28mm Warlord miniatures, so do not mix well at all.

Master Chief
    Participant

Yes I think the Warlord Celtic Warhounds can be added to the Warlord USMC sprue to create USMC war dog teams.

Kar98k
    Participant

This thread from TMP (Feb 2019)  might be useful to some BA gamers looking for 28mm dogs:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=501248

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.