US Armoured Jeep

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action US Armoured Jeep

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    arcole
    Participant

I have a US Armoured Jeep, but cannot find it in any of the lists, nor the points costs.

I presume it can be used by any US Airborne platoon from Normandy onward in place of the standard non-transport jeep selection. However how much would this cost?

Nat
    Participant

Can only find one in the Rhine selectors list (easyarmy.com), comes as a normal soft skin jeep with two bazookas and a special rule that small arms shooting against the front arc cant kill it only pin.

the twin bazooka and armour cost 49 points over the HMG version

arcole
    Participant

That is not the vehicle though. The Warlord armoured jeep which I have has an MMG:

There is not actually a model for the one with the Bazookas.

It has the same protection from small arms, but a much cheaper weapon, and not sure if it would get the recce rule.

Nat
    Participant

As said… thats the only armoured jeep in Easy Army.. (which appears to have a number of hang-overs from 1st Edition). And the model may not have been exact to the printed rules even then…..

I didnt play 1st Edition (only started a couple of months ago) and I dont have any of the theatre books so it might be in Battleground Europe.

edit- I’d guess the armour would be about 10 pints going off approx of upgrading soviet artillery tractors from soft skin to armoured (7+ all round but opened toped)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Nat.
    arcole
    Participant

Found it – the details are in the Market Garden book (that I have), so may be in the otehr campaign books which I do not have.

The jeep costs 78 points, Veteran, has an HMG, is Recce and can only be pinned by small arms from it’s front arc.

US US airlanding platoons can have 0-3 of these.

The reason they are not on EasyArmy is it does not include the campaign books (although it does include lists for specific campaigns).

Nat
    Participant

yikes thats a jump and a half..28 points!

Thanks for the info on the books.

Master Chief
    Participant

And in case you are looking for it, the twin bazooka armoured jeep is in the Battle of the Bulge book.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.