Turret turn

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Turret turn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SteveT
    Participant

I’ve been playing that turreted vehicles do not get a -1 to hit for just rotating turrets and shooting(i.e. they’ve been given a Fire, not an Advance). Is this right?

I’ve seen videos where -1 was applied.

Not very related but I’ve seen videos where people apply 2 pins to a unit hit by an MG. But I cannot find a reference to it. Assuming a house rule?

Cheers

michael kelley
    Participant

There’s no -1 for turning the turret and the extra pin for mg is a house rule that is still in debate here in maine.

Master Chief
    Participant

I believe the turret gives a tank 360° arc of fire, with no penalties. As for MGs, I do not think they give 2 pins.

Nat
    Participant

Turrets have a 360 deg arc of fire unless you have suffered ‘turret jam’ which locks the turret in to a fixed arc.

[quote] Turret-mounted weapons. Weapons mounted on turrets can usually fire all around (i.e. into any arc). Some turret-mounted weapons have restricted arcs because of the design or  position of the turret, and these cases are indicated in the description for the vehicle.[/quote]

MGs only give 1 PIN per RAW, however an apparnt common house rule is to allow MG teams (so not vehicle mounted ones) to give 2 pins to help offset the fact that they are not very effeciant for their points cost……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.