Transport foam

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Transport foam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Koin-Koin

Just noticed that Feldherr as several foams referenced for BRS.
    Did anyone own any of these? Or had the chance to see them?
    They seem to be ok for single engine models but I wonder if multi engine ones fit into them.

Steve
    Participant

Take a look at JustLasered: https://justlasered.co.uk/

I think they make the custom foam that Warlord sell for the BoB box.

They do one tray for game materials and flying stands and another with the aircraft themselves and the pictures show Mosquitoes if IRC.

They will also do a custom cut, to fit other cases, haven’t done this myself yet, I’m planning to, but have got their set of acrylic measures for BRS and they are really nice.

Steve
    Participant
    Koin-Koin

Thanks for the links.
    Those are really neat and I like the way they made some themed foam (BoB, USAF Pacific…).

The russian foam include bombers’ spaces.
    The BoB box tray is great but the core box and the plastic planes are already dealt for storage/transport.
    My actual need is for the metal ones.

What I like in the Feldherr foams is that the same square can fit various planes. But I still have no idea if multiengine fits in.

Just laser may not have my buy for the moment but I wish them to grow as they definitely have some skills.

I may contact them for custom foams of I don’t find something that suits me.

Eric T Holmes
    Participant

Since we are talking foam trays, are there any US manufacturers that make some generic 28mm infantry holding around 70 – 80 figures?

I found some in a FLGS in Rio Rancho NM about 10 years ago, but the store closed after three years. Now I’m scratching my head as I don’t know the manufacturer. I’m looking to change over from catalog boxes with steel lining for magnetic bases to a more stable shipping, storage, and handling system as I travel around. The catalog boxes are good for down the road locally, but definitely do not ship well on an aircraft.

Steve
    Participant

Koin-Koin, you just tell him what planes you want and how many, think he’s got all the specs for Warlord planes, if you want AiM etc he may need sizes.

The nice thing for me is that you can specify the foam size, so I can get them to fit my existing cases.

Steve Burt
    Participant

I just took the insert out of the starter box and cut a thin piece of upholstery foam the same size as the box. Starter planes + hurricanes, 110s and Aces all sit on that nice and safe and all fit in the starter box. I put them upside down so their sticky-out bits sink into the foam. No need for custom cut-outs.

Renko
    Participant

I’m ordering from Just Lasered – so far they’ve been very helpful

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.