The Rulebook is coming

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea The Rulebook is coming

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg S
    Participant

I got an email from Warlord to say my order is on the way.  Woo Hoo!

invisible officer
    Participant

On the way …….   Hope you re not living on the continent. Brexit and/or snow block my UPS parcel since 28th.   Tracking a bad joke. Delivery announced for last monday. Still!

Greg S
    Participant

The book arrived yesterday.  It is a very nice book indeed.

Nat
    Participant

It landed here too… (UK).  A nice tome it is to

Andrew Cree
    Participant

Mine finally turned up today. A good book indeed, but…I’ve already spotted an issue with the [i]Nelson[/i]-class battleships on page 133.

*Q Turret is shown to be super-super-firing, instead of broadside only

*The 24″ MkI torpedoes are shown as forward firing, which doesn’t match the reality of a single submerged tube in each broadside.

Other thoughts:

*I’m surprised the Short Sunderland flying boat doesn’t have the “Very Tough” trait, the 1943 attack by eight JU88C heavy fighters saw a badly damaged Sunderland nonetheless travel 350 miles to reach the UK before breaking up after making land.

*The B17 looks too powerful. The range with full bombload is quite limited. Furthermore, level bombing by heavy bombers tended to be carried out at high altitude, with a very low hit rate – mainly due to the bombs continuing to travel as much as 2 miles during their descent. At the very least, I feel they are undeserving of their “Heavy” trait.

Nat
    Participant

Hi Andrew,  the Q turret thing on the Nelson & Mogami has already been brought to warlords attention, as has the bombers (like all bar the Betty for the japanese) having lost their 4 DD per attack run limit).

I submitted a list of questions & querries last week however if you write any that you find and email them to info@ warlord games.com we may get the answers sooner.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.