SS Pioneers

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action SS Pioneers

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SteveT
    Participant

Chaps, where on earth are the listings for SS Pioneers?

Cheers

LordRao
    Participant

I don’t know that there are. Perhaps you mean Sturmpioniere, which are on p.25 of the German 2nd ed. book.

SteveT
    Participant

Pretty sure that’s not them as their entry says “Often overlooked in favour of the dashing panzers or elite Waffen-SS troops”.

The SS Pioneers are mentioned in the Battle of the Bulge book.

Cheers

invisible officer
    Participant

The SS Divisional Pionier units had the same OOB the Heer units had.   And no special toys. 😉

The “Sturmpionier” is mostly a gamer myth, the units that had that name assigned in WW II for some time are ordinary Pioniere selected for some siege operation like Sewastopol. They got a higher number of assault explosive devices and some special training in siege work. And normally lost the title post finishing the job. They are not like the WW I Sturmtruppen Pioniere. But BA is a fun game……..

SteveT
    Participant

But all other SS units have the option of Fanatics, so I would think they would to?  Warlord even do figures for them, but their list is nowhere :p

invisible officer
    Participant

The SS Panzer Pioniere are in Campaign Fortress Budapest. Page 109

Like the Heer pioniere they can get mine clearing gear and other Pionier stuff and fanatics is in Special rules.  In real word the OOB was totally like Heer. That they use the word Sturmpionier there is ….

Master Chief
    Participant

I got the attached screenshot off Google books.

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.