Soviets taking 3 artillery pieces???

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Soviets taking 3 artillery pieces???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rex Withers
    Participant

Did I see somewhere something about soviets taking 3 artillery pieces in the one artillery slot under some circumstances. Can’t find it now?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Rex Withers.
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

They can take 3 x AT units per AT slot in their selector, but that’s infantry AT (ie: Tank Hunters, Dog Mines, Anti-tank Rifles, etc). They don’t have anything similar for any artillery unless it’s hiding in one of the Campaign books that I don’t have yet (nothing has been mentioned indicating that, at least that I’ve seen).

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Location for the Infantry AT multiple selection is in the unit special rules for the eligible units, AoSU, p34-35.

Nat
    Participant

They can take 3 x AT guns (Zis 3s) in a couple of selectors..

eg Seelow heights allows 2 x AT guns + in late war Soviets may exchange their free conscript unit for an inexperienced Zis3

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Yes that’s true – though that’s by agreement (see AoSU, p61, Some Suggestions for Scenarios), “The following rules are offered for use in historical games where both players agree”. Not something your opponent should be springing on you without discussing it first.

Rex Withers
    Participant

Thanks very much guys

cornet
    Participant

hello I bounced on the subject, in the supplement: battle of france, there is a generic rule for anti-tank gun reinforced platoon, (p ° 98)

Nat
    Participant

cant give you the page ref… but in Fortress: Budapest the soviets can do an artillery platoon as well.

Eric T Holmes
    Participant

Page 154 Fortress Budapest and it can have up to 4 guns!! in the battery.

1 2nd Lieutenant or 1st Lieutenant
    2 Artillery units from: ZiS-3 Divisional gun, ZiS-2 Anti-tank gun,BS-3 anti-tank gun
    Plus:
    0–2 Artillery units from: ZiS-3 Divisional gun, ZiS-2 Anti-tank gun,BS-3 anti-tank gun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.