Soviet LMG Squad

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Soviet LMG Squad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HellRaiser 7
    Participant

Does anyone know why the Soviet LMG squad doesn’t get the Green rule when other Inexperienced Squads get it? Is there a historical reason why?

Nat
    Participant

To help differenciate the two squads… otherwise there would be no point in the rifle squad entry* as if you wanted a green rifle squad you’d just take the LMG squad and not buy the LMG!

*Aside from the free ‘conscript’ squad…..

– I keep saying this, but this is a Hollywood game based on History not a historical simulation game

HellRaiser 7
    Participant

That doesn’t answer my question. The little more seasoned or little more training soldiers ( but we’re still conscripts) were given LMGs. The squads with just rifles we’re lower in the pecking order historically ( 100% true). So I just wanted to know why the LMG squad weren’t given the green rule as they have the same point value as some of the other inexperienced squads. Is it based on gaming mechanics or something historical? Just wondering. Thanx

Nick
    Participant

This is a pure guess. Green guys are simply inexperienced and new. Inexperienced and not available as green means they just  suck and already had experience and didn’t improve.

You may  be right on both reasons.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Nick.
    Greg S
    Participant

My guess it was simply a case of ‘don’t gove the new guys thye big guns, give it to someone who can shoot straight’

Late war rifle platoon:

https://www.battleorder.org/ussr-rifle-co-1944

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.