Sherman Easily catches fire

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Sherman Easily catches fire

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steiner
    Participant

Dear Comrades,

The Sherman can easily catch fire.
    In the special rules for this vehicle it states:

Easily catches fire: if a roll on the vehicle damage table results in the vehicle catching fire add D3 pin markers rather than just one 1 before taking a moral test.

But this is more a panic issue rather than the probably of catching fire.

IMHO the probability of catching fire should be in the damage table for vehicles. I mean IN FIRE is normally a 3 roll. That means a 1/6 or 16.6% chance. For the Sherman it should be increased to at least 2/6 (I need some WW2 statistics here), a 33.3%. So I propose that the Sherman catches fire in a roll of 2 or 3.

If the roll is 1. Then a new roll to see if Crew Stunned or Immobilized.

Do you agree?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Steiner.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Steiner.
    Nat
    Participant

No, it adds PINs so that the ‘on fire’ check which failure = destroyed is harder.

Yes they caught fire easier from a spark, but had the same chance (roughtly speaking) of that spark happening.

So basically you have a 1 in 2 chance of being blown up, & a 1 in 2 chance of having being bonced round… whilst being bounced round you have a chance of a spark – the fire result…. Now can the crew put the fire out?  Thats the question..

The next point is that what happens when you apply a -3 for a glancing hit? how high a chance of the fire result is there now?  now that rule is (going off my head hear) only about 5 or 10 points.. if you change the percentage of it going up you then need to alter that otherwise its not worth taking from a game point of view

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

@Nat
    “The next point is that what happens when you apply a -3 for a glancing hit? how high a chance of the fire result is there now?  now that rule is (going off my head hear) only about 5 or 10 points.. if you change the percentage of it going up you then need to alter that otherwise its not worth taking from a game point of view”

The superficial damage result (glancing hits is terminology from another game) has no effect on the chances of an ‘on fire’ result.  It’s still a one in six chance, just you need a ‘6’ instead of a ‘3’.  The results affected are ‘stunned’, which goes from 1 in 6 to 4 in 6, and ‘knocked out’ which goes from 1 in 2 to nil.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.