Russian light Pak crew

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Russian light Pak crew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Moin moin,

there is one thing I do not understand with these russian light Paks, they always start with 2 crew menbers and they have the some cost like the light Paks from other nations, have I missed a FAQ ? , otherwise it would be a great miracle for me,

greeting Thomas

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shouldn`t it be 3 crew members ?

Master Chief
    Participant

Good point, I play Soviets as well but never noticed that as I am not a fan of anti-tank guns, prefering to pay more points for tanks instead. I just checked the FAQ and did not see any errata, so they are 2-man teams, benefiting from the “small team” added bonus when targeted by enemies.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do artillery crews benefit from being a small team ? I do not think so or am I wrong ?

Nat
    Participant

Didnt think artillery could counted as a small team?

but like Master Cheif I hadnt noticed the cost differene…. I dont own any of the small AT guns, prefer to take Zis3s for my artillery

Master Chief
    Participant

Latest FAQ:

If I shoot at a unit of artillery that has only one or two crew models left, does the ‘small team’ to-hit modifier apply or not?

The small team rule applies to units made of one or two infantry models (implying ‘and nothing else’, which should have been stated clearly). So, so as long as there is also a gun model, that unit is not made just of one or two infantry models, but also includes a non-infantry model, so the small team bonus does NOT apply.

So small team bonus does not apply. Logically if there are fewer crew members they should be harder to hit. For example a German 88 with 8 crew members running around should be easier to hit compared to one with only 2 members left, although an argument could be made that the big gun is easy to target regardless of the crew running around.

Regardless, “rules are rules”, so the small team bonus does not apply.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks , no benefit from small team for artillery.

Jacob Carter
    Participant

There actually was a change for light AT in the FAQ

Master Chief
    Participant

Ah yes, don’t know how I missed that, thanks for straightening it out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Jacob,

that was was  a great help for me,

thank you, Thomas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.