August 26, 2018 at 6:01 pm #144473
A rookie question on miminum movement:
P. 12 says it’s maximum Speed / 2 rounded down
P. 14 says it’s maximum Speed / 2 rounded up
Which one’s correct?August 26, 2018 at 7:31 pm #144490
I read rounded up on both pages on the paper version . But yes the pdf version says rounded down. Up is right rules for me.August 27, 2018 at 9:56 pm #144615
You got me there, my posting was indeed based on the (English) PDF. My paper version (in fact the complete newly ordered game) is still “in flight” to me.
Strangely, the German PDF says to round down at both instances.
What is the best way to inform “higher command”?
Does Andy Chambers visit this forum?August 27, 2018 at 11:11 pm #144624
The French version states rounded up for both and all the videos I’ve seen use the rounded up rule.
I suspect that the PDF version is one of the first version and the printed one was corrected before production start.September 4, 2018 at 1:06 pm #146224
I do visit this forum (now). By default things are rounded up in BRS, but I’m hesitant to overrule the German version! So by default go with RAW (paper) maybe?
If folks have any other questions on the rules please post them here. We have an FAQ somewhere as well, I’ll make sure its available.September 4, 2018 at 3:14 pm #146235
Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Just my 2 cents here about the German version, maybe Eric Weissgerber can have a look at it?September 5, 2018 at 7:13 am #146260
Andy, great to have you here!
Koin-Koin, you also had me convinced.
Do we have identified the real reason for the outcome of the Battle of Britain? 🙂
(If there are little German translation or spellchecking questions, I can also offer help.)September 6, 2018 at 8:51 pm #146370Mark BarkerParticipant
Can you please advise what the current official position is on tailing ?
We are playing that you have to be able to get your arrow pointing directly at the stalk of the opponent and entering through the rear arc to claim a tail.
This is not per the diagrams in the rulebook, but is seen being used in some of the on-line tutorial videos.
We find this gives a much better feel as you then need to work to get that crucial benefit – otherwise getting a tailing position is too easy.
Any chance of getting the FAQ sheet and updated Beta Cards uploaded here – can’t see them yet.
Mark BarkerSeptember 7, 2018 at 9:11 am #146378TokhuahParticipant
@Mark: You are right about the arrow and the diagrams being incorrect.
See Reply #142653 on page 2 of this thread.September 10, 2018 at 12:53 pm #146433
Yes you have it right – you need to line up the arrow on the attacking aircraft with the stem of defending aircraft with the attacker’s line of fire passing through the defender’s rear arc to count tailing.September 16, 2018 at 9:12 pm #146770
I’m looking forward to the FAQ. I just had my first game and ran into two things were I wasn’t sure:
1) Is pre-measuring allowed for shooting/moving/outmanoeuvering etc.?
2) I’m struggling with this sentence from the tailing rules:
“There is no ongoing effect from tailing, and it only comes into play when a plane ends it move and before it takes its pilot action (so you cannot Climb for Advantage and then claim a tailing position).”
No ongoing effect – does that mean the disadvantaged state exists only temporary? Only for the tailing aircraft to shot once or does it persist and can be exploited by other aircraft also? If the tailing aircraft doesn’t pick shooting as its pilot action, does that change anything?September 18, 2018 at 1:27 pm #146910
1) Feel free to pre-measure moves and ranges, the game is not intended to be one of ‘gotcha’ moments. Personally I feel like forcing players to make judgements based on eyeball unfairly favours those who are experienced or just better at it.
2) The tailed plane goes to being Disadvantaged until it can climb for advantage or get to a cloud – i.e. all the normal rule apply and the Disadvantaged state of the tailed plane can certainly be exploited by others. That sentence is there merely to head off any notions that being tailed might mean a plane can’t climb for advantage any more – being tailed makes the tailed plane Disadvantaged and that’s all there is to it, there’s no ongoing ‘being tailed’ effect because it’s taken into account by the simple fact of being Disadvantaged. If the tailing plane were not to shoot for some reason the tailed plane would still be Disadvantaged.
Hope that helps.September 24, 2018 at 6:39 pm #147382
I got it. Thanks a lot!September 26, 2018 at 7:56 am #147456NatParticipant
Question on action cards during an activation.
Expanded rules page 6 is clear, all planes get 1 action card per activation. However page 9 says an ace can use 1 ace card in addition to a trait card. So does that mean an ace can use 1 doctrine card OR 1 trait & 1 ace skill OR 2 action cards so long as one is an ace skill?
Further confused by the fact that named aces can use 2 ace skills per activation, is this being able to play 3 cards OR can play any 2 cards but only 1 none ace skill?September 26, 2018 at 9:26 am #147461
As long as I understand it, ace card allow a bonus card but it is a specific one mentioned on the card text.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.