Missing Items.

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Missing Items.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sepp
    Participant

Why does bolt action not fill out some of the items that are in their books. ie the early years ?

invisible officer
    Participant

Like an early Panzer III?

I guess they try to do things that will sell well, paying the high costs for doing a mould.
    But there are other makers and two or more do an early 28mm
    Panzer III.
    So…….

The Warlord BA range is one of the biggest WW II 28 mm ones. And still growing.

cornet
    Participant

I bounced on the beginning panzer III early(1939-40), models A,B,C,D,E and some G with the 37mm gun had 2 MMG’s coaxial.
    Warlord games/osprey publishing error or intentional?

Greg S
    Participant

Some tanks don’t get all the MGs they actually had, this is for game balance reasons. The Sherman is a prime example.

(But some should really have had less – the Stuart for example).

Kar98k
    Participant

Sepp, I can relate to what you are saying. That being said, there is some good news. Rubicon Models will be releasing Panzer IIIs, including early versions of the tank.

When you think about it, these days we should count ourselves fortunate when it comes to 28mm (1:56) WW2 scale gaming miniatures/models. Not so long ago the selection was more limited. More importantly, most of the resin vehicles were a joke (visually ugly with incorrect proportions). More importantly, we now have some nice plastic kits which we did not have before, but only from two/three manufactures.

cornet
    Participant

for my part I play in 28mm but at 1/50 so I always had models at the scale and correctly represent
    then back to the missing MMG on the vehicles.
    the combat sherman has never used his two hull MMG’s whether British or American
    then WARLORD I think made mistakes and it’s not for the gameplay
    example: M3 stuart 3x MMG’s and M3A1 2X MMG’s OR M13/40 3x MMG’s
    OR S20TL laffly 2x MMG’s instead of 2x LMG’s

if it’s for playability then it’s not consistent!

I think for my part there is an amalgamation between the 37mm cannon PZIII and the 50mm kurz(1xMMG coax)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.