Is there a specialized rule for Panzergranadiers debussing from a Transport?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Is there a specialized rule for Panzergranadiers debussing from a Transport?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric T Holmes
    Participant

At some time of my play experiences, another player utilized a chain of events where the carried Panzergrenadier squad departed its transport at the end of the transport’s advance move without an activation order from an officer.  There was no intervening or additional draw from the Order Dice bag.  Am I correct in my assumption that there needs to be the appropriate order die drawn for the Panzergrenadier squad to be activated?  Or is there a special rule?

Arty Gun
    Participant

Good-day,

Based on your description of events the other player absolutely needed another order dice to dismount the section in the transport. The troops in the transport cannot be given a ‘snap to’ order from an officer even if the officer is in the transport – pg 116 of the rulebook.

Nat
    Participant

Hmm….

At best that would be a campaign book rule…and one that should be left in the books campaign….

Most likely a ‘historical makes sense’ house rule or a mixup of rules

Worst case – totally incorrect rules

Outside of a campaign book rule – yes the grenadiers’ would need a order die pulled from the bag to disembark

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

General rules there is no way to do that. It’s not an intrinsic rule for panzergrenadiers and an officer can’t ‘snap to’ a unit in a transport either from outside or inside the transport.

There are a couple of selectors in Campaign Fortress Budapest with a special rule ‘Armoured Assault’ that modifies the snap to it rules for those selectors, allowing an officer to use snap to it while mounted in a transport. This would require that A) your opponent is using one of those two selectors, and B) he actually had an officer in the transport that he activated to snap to the transport and passenger unit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.