Introduction to ‘Victory At Sea’

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Introduction to ‘Victory At Sea’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Keymaster

An introduction to our forthcoming game, Victory at Sea!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Craig.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Craig.
    Craig
    Keymaster

Victory at Sea is a 1:1800 scale game of naval combat during the Second World War. Victory at Sea includes capital ships, aircraft carriers, submarines, aircraft and more, allowing you to play out skirmishes involving single destroyers hunting down merchantmen, to the clashing of massive fleets against implacable enemies!

Nat
    Participant

Question as several websites have this up for pre-order….

whats the rough contencts of the fleet boxs & starter box? (or are we going to find out on Fridays news letter?)

Pete
    Participant

are the ships already stuck to the bases as I really do not like the bases at all 🙁

Greg S
    Participant

I am really looking forward to this. The second edition has been a long time coming. Although I plan to use my 1:3000 ships.

Pete
    Participant

so does this mean Mongooses VAS version 2 is now gone ?

I t seems a very decent revision from the playtesting

Greg S
    Participant

This is Mongoose VaS ver 2. Mongoose was always struggling to find another company to produce the ships IIRC. I guess Warlord turned out to be that company.

Eumerin
    Participant

Interesting.

Though… USS Idaho!? Who picked her? Iowa was the lead ship of the most powerful US BB class. Missouri is where the surrender was signed. Washington or the unfortunate South Dakota fought in a significant battle in the Solomans. Idaho, on the other hand, performed shore bombardments.

Why did they pick Idaho?

Dale
    Participant

Hello all!

Glad to see this game coming back. The miniature look great but I imagine the bases will turn a lot of people off. I am wondering if we will be able to but the rules, unit cards and other accessories separately. I understand they want to sell miniature but they will reach a wider audience if they offer the rules, unit cards and other accessories separately. Any thoughts?

Greg S
    Participant

The Mongoose website has mentioned plans for a three book set – rules, scenarios and extensive fleet lists.

Dale
    Participant

I already have a ton of 1:1800 ships so I would rather just buy all the books and accessories. If I have to buy the sets I would probably just sell the ships at a convention.

Bill McGill
    Participant

Actually, I kind of like the bases. But I would have liked to have seen the ships up close before committing. (Bl**dy virus)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Bill McGill.
    Nat
    Participant

My view on the bases – yes I like them from a gaming point of view because it has a nice area where the ship name /class goes that can been seen so I’m not spending half the game going through a ship recongnition chart! Its also big enough that I can pick up the ship without worry that I’ll brake /drop it (I have Dyspriaxia which means I have issues with fine (and gross) motor skills :()

From a display point of view they look nicer with the bases rather than a bunch of very similar grey hulks with the bases :p

Renko
    Participant

Can we get confirmation this is VAS v2 not a Warlord version – ie VASW1.0?

Nat
    Participant

Reading the US introduction page… and I have a couple of questions

what is coats striking group? and how does a cruiser provide air cover to it?  – USS Chester paragraph

How long is the range of the New Mexicos guns if she can shell islands in the pacific when she returned to the Atlantic at the start of the war?

yes, I think its supposed to be costal strike group & the cruisers providing anti-air cover… and the New Mexico returned to the Pacific….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.