Hidden setup confusion

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Hidden setup confusion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lee
    Participant

Hi, trying to figure out how the hidden setup works, from reading the rule book I can see it working 1 of 2 ways, but I don’t know which it is.

A – as you place units you check for hidden conditions then place a hidden token next to them, (e.g I could place the first unit on the table out in the open hidden as no enemy is on the table to see them?)

B- after all units friend and foe are placed on the table then check for hidden conditions and apply tokens

Master Chief
    Participant

Bolt Action 2nd Ed page 131:

Hidden units remain hidden until one of the following happens:
    • The hidden unit is ordered to Fire, Advance or Run.
    An enemy unit scores a hit on the hidden unit (other than preparatory bombardment).
    • An enemy infantry or artillery unit moves to (or is set up) within 12”.
    • An enemy recce vehicle moves to (or is set up) within 12”.
    • Any other enemy vehicle moves to within 6”.

Technically it is your option A, but it means you need to remove hidden markers when the enemy sets up within the 12in range. Hence your option B would be more practical in play.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

First line of the rule – “Where indicated in the scenario, units can be hidden at the start of the game.”

There is nothing mentioned about hiding during set up, just ‘at the start of the game’ – set up is completed before the start of the game, so I would go with B.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.