German Nebelwerfer and British Land Mattress

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action German Nebelwerfer and British Land Mattress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Master Chief
    Participant

I wanted to find out the German/British player’s experience in fielding the Nebelwerfer/Land Mattress. Do you prefer to use them for firing smoke (providing cover for your troops) or HE? Are they effective? How do you move them?

Stats for the Land Mattress can be found on page 100 of the Battleground Europe book, pretty much the same as the Nebelwerfer but with a 3-man crew instead of 4.

Nat
    Participant

As a Russian I’ve played against the Nebelwerfer a couple of times… the potential damage it can do with the templates is enough that I’ve targeted it as soon as possible!

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Re “How do you move them?”

They are multiple launchers and come under the Artillery unit type, so they move as artillery.  The only mention of movement in the multiple launcher rules tells us that they tow as light howitzers, with no mention of different treatment for manhandling.  Lacking any other special rules/restrictions, I would suggest manhandling as for a light howitzer (6″ on a ‘Run’ order).

Master Chief
    Participant

Lacking any other special rules/restrictions, I would suggest manhandling as for a light howitzer (6″ on a ‘Run’ order).

Yes sounds logical. I am thinking of getting the US T66, 5 more points (Regular) for 1 more man (same as Nebelwerfer) compared to the Land Mattress. It can be printed from this file:

https://www.wargaming3d.com/product/american-t66-114mm-4-5-rocket-launcher/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.