First waves and reserve waves

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action First waves and reserve waves

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SteveT
    Participant

This is questions that arose from an amphibious landing game, but applies to any situation with large transport units I suppose.

I have 2 landing craft each containing say 6 units.

First wave must consist of half my units, reserve wave then forming the other half.

I assume then I can only bring 1 landing craft onto the map doing the first wave. As if I nominate both craft as part of my first wave, it would result in men left swimming out at sea.

Correct?

Cheers

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by SteveT.
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Sounds correct to me – units embarked on a transport count as deploying with that transport.

Jacob Carter
    Participant

You are actually not restricted in how many units are in your first wave, at least for the scenarios in the core book.  Reserves can consist of up to half your army but they can be smaller than that.  If you wanted you could get your entire army on the board turn 1.  Typically I wouldn’t recommend that since it’ll be more difficult to counter your opponents deployment without some units held in reserve, but in your case a mad bullrush might be what you need.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

@ Jacob – it depends entirely on the wording in the specific scenario being used.  If playing the beach landing scenario on P68 of Campaign: D-Day Overlord you are specifically required to divide your 1500 point army into two 750 point waves (first wave is actually on table deployment in the deep water zone, second wave corresponds with the normal first wave).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.