Firing out of windows?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Firing out of windows?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jan Doernte
    Participant

So this 2 men per window rule- is that per unit- or per turn?

I had a 8 man sq- and a two man officer team in a building with 2 windows- and was told the officer and his mate couldn’t shoot at the enemy!

Regards
    Jan

Nat
    Participant

Well it’s 2 men per domestic sized window or door..so different models /buildings may have differing sizes.(pg 123)

I’d take it the same as firing from a vehicle so calculate when you are working out an order

Haskeer
    Participant

Not wishing to hijack Jan’s thread, but the question dovetails into a query I have.

p121 MRB says ” … Most buildings are large enough for a SINGLE unit to occupy each floor” – if played, this would negate the issue Jan has.

So, do people play this rule, or perhaps use a “maximum model per floor” type house rule?

I only ask, as I had this issue in a recent game, when my opponent could get a 10 man squad in a building, but my one man suicide anti- tank bomber somehow filled the entire same building on his own.

I’m leaning towards house ruling a maximum model number.

John

Greg S
    Participant

but my one man suicide anti- tank bomber somehow filled the entire same building on his own.

That is the rule, but it kind of falls down with larger buildings. Also a sniper on the second floor can never exit a building while that one man is on the ground floor. 🙂

While I think we can all agree the rule is a little silly, it does keep things simple. Especially when assaulting into a building with multiple occupants. Or when the opponent decides to occupy the same building as your mortar spotter and ignore.

Jan Doernte
    Participant

So -if I understand the replies- 2 weapons can fire out of a window/door only once per turn?

I thought I read in the rule book where if two units are in a building- then you have to pick the larger unit to do close combat with….

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“I thought I read in the rule book where if two units are in a building- then you have to pick the larger unit to do close combat with….”

I suspect you’re conflating totally different parts of the rules – that sounds close to the rule for working out which of the units forced to dismount from a transport actually fights the attackers.

By the rules, you can’t have multiple units in one part of a building (they’ll either be in different sections of a large building you’ve divided up, or on separate floors), so the situation doesn’t arise. If you’ve house ruled to allow multiple units, you also need to house rule the dilemmas you create by allowing it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.