color of Japanese bicycles?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action color of Japanese bicycles?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    richard zamudio
    Participant

What color would be suitable for Japanese bicycles?

Nat
    Participant

Key point here  – “Japanese were particularly known for their use of bicycles (generally stolen from the local population) of which the campaign in Malaya in 1942 is perhaps the best example.”

They werent gernerally issued, but stolen … so any dark colour or hastly re-painted with tank /truck paint /mud etc would work…. I’d go for a mix of black, dark blue, dark green, dark red etc

invisible officer
    Participant

In 25th army in Malaya most taken from shops and civilists got painted olive.

The Japanese made ones had been painted olive or in a light yellowish brown.  They stayed at home to hide the plans for invasion, saving space on ships  and increase landing speed.  Normally the army cyclist units had homemade ones.

They had special types, including folding ones.

Jim
    Participant

Pink with a Hello Kitty on the seat would be my personal choice.  But most would have been some shade of olive – yellowish brown.  I would probably mix them up between olive and yellowish brown.  I like varying shades same with infantry I paint them with speed paints but I undercoat them in different colors.  This sort of offsets the toy look IMHO and makes things look my dynamic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.