Bomber Questions

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Bomber Questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Participant

Ok had a game for the first time in ages… and I think I played a few rules wrong 🙁

i) FP of 0 doesnt stop you firing with dice = to pilot skill
    ii) Does Agility 0 auto fail a ‘down test’ after you’ve been hit?

Koin-Koin

I would suggest to have a look at the FAQ available here

Errata is available here

And just in case, everything French could found here

Nat
    Participant

neither of those say anything about my questions.

so is 1 correct or not (bombers in questions where Ju87s so not erratad to have FP -)

and for part 2 do laden bombers auto fail their dodge tests?

Andy Chambers
    Participant

Hi Nat

In both cases it depends on whether it’s a situation where you can add Pilot Skill.

So for Firepower with FP0 you can still shoot with Firepower 0 + Pilot Skill. We’ve taken to showing a ‘-‘ Firepower rating for planes with literally no forward firepower which can’t shoot using Pilot Skill, but a lot of the older cards tend to show Firepower with a 360 icon to denote purely turret firepower. You never add Pilot Skill to Turret shooting so those planes are effectively Firepower ‘-‘ too.

Likewise for Agility; if you could dodge by adding Pilot skill then you could still try even if AG0, but it’s worth noting that multi-engine planes can’t add Pilot Skill to their dodge unless they are Agile (Mosquitoes, Me110 and the like). Non-Agile, AG 0, Multi Engine planes can’t Dodge at all so would auto-fail any dodge they were called on to make.

Hope that helps, I’ll update the FAQ with your questions.

duckweb42
    Participant

I bought the BRS starter box a month ago and am generally please with the game accept for the bent out of shaped planes, which even soaking in hot water won’t cure. Also very disappointed that some items appear to have been out of stock since last year. I am particularly seeking the Adolf Galland plane and the JU88s, the latter are no longer listed and according to the Utube painting guide have been discontinued, anyone know why. Also the JU52 has failed to appear. Anyone know the answers and whether there will be any new German releases to match the new Russian hordes?

Steve Burt
    Participant

One thing that we mis-played is that multi-engined planes (even agile ones) cannot dodge when disadvantaged. That’s not terribly obvious from reading the rules.

Nat
    Participant

@duckweb42 – the multi engine aircraft where all repacks from another company. (Zeveda iirc) and are still available from them just without the advantage based and cards.

The reason why the Russians have more squadrons is because they are just the ones from the falcon squadron box split out….

But other aircraft are coming!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.