Baffled by setup instructions

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Baffled by setup instructions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lee
    Participant

Doesn’t seem to matter how many times I read the Setting up observer and snipers information on page 131, I can’t get my head around when to setup these models.

Do I have this right? –

Apart from attacker/defender scenarios & if in reserve, spotters/observers & snipers deploy AFTER? all others units have gone down on the table or BEFORE?

Master Chief
    Participant

Bolt Action 2nd Ed rules page 131:

If, on the other hand, they are chosen as one of the units you set-up on the table, or they are in the first wave, then their own special set-up rules take precedence. In this case, wait for the normal set up to be finished, and then set up any spotters /observers /snipers according to their special rules before the start of turn 1.

So they set up after all other units have set up.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“Apart from attacker/defender scenarios & if in reserve, ”

There is nothing preventing their being set up using forward deployment during attacker/defender scenarios, only if in reserve.  The second para even tells you the order they set up for attacker/defender scenarios.  “In an Attacker-Defender scenario the defender sets up his spotters, observers and snipers first.  Otherwise the players alternate setting up one unit at a time…”

It’s not a prohibition, just defender first rather than alternating within their part the set up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.