Azad hind or also known as indian legion

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Azad hind or also known as indian legion

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rajeev SINGH
    Participant

Wanted to know are any rules or special rules for indian legion in any of the campaign books?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by rajeev SINGH.
    Nat
    Participant

Not that I’m aware of….of memory I don’t think that .wg.easyarmy.com has any, and they are 90% up to date with campaign books (missing the latest pacific book’

however There is another Normandy book coming soon (preorder on sat) that covers the British and commonwealth sector

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

The Japanese version is in Empires in Flames, p80.  It’s just a single squad entry for inclusion with Japanese armies, but the author forgot to include the paragraph on which selectors it can be used for.

I don’t think there’s a specific entry for the German version anywhere, but nothing would stop you fielding them as a variant SS squad, Heer Squad, or Osttruppen Squad depending on how you want to represent them (I’m not aware of anything remarkable in their combat record).

invisible officer
    Participant

Warlord’s German historian was not asked about IR 950, the Azad Hind. So I doubt that it will be included in the next Normandie book.

The unit was organised from may 44 on like a German Standard infantry unit. Serving mostly as occupation force and retreating post Invasion it had few Engagements. It was never trusted , there had been Problems from the start.  Some small actions against Resistance.

Back in Germany they doid near to nothing. It was feared that a front part occupied by them would nt be safe.

It was never officially SS, the order from August 44  to change was not followed. They never got the blood group  tattoo or an SS entry in Wehrpass.  (Some fakes exist)

Osttruppen might be a model for Moral.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.