Attacking bunkers

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Attacking bunkers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steiner
    Participant

Dear Comrades,

We have some questions.

It is the first time we are playing with bunkers, the bunkers give you a plus 4 of cover protection but the sniper ignores all covers, so can the sniper shoot through the slits of the bunker?

The second question  is you always need double sixes  because of the plus 4, so if you get in point blan you only  need one 6,, is that right?

The last question  is: is there another way to attack the bunkers that we don’t know of besides the flamethrower? How can you do it with HE?

Thanks to all

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Steiner.
    Nat
    Participant

Yes bunker = a -4 cover mod so snipers (& flamethrowers) ignore it!
    Most shooting at bunkers is hail marys (aka 7+ to hit… :p  6 followed by a 6)

HE… can always  target buildings ignoring cover mods!.. however you dont get to roll damage against models inside, & you need 12 hits to bring a bunker down…. so 3 (if you’re very lucky) or 4″ templates only

Other methods… well Campaign book equipment – I think the DDay books have bangalore torpedos + the Stalingrad has demolition mines etc…

However dont forget that Bunkers have limited arc so smoke and outflanking are order of the day…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Nat.
    Steiner
    Participant

Thanks, Nat. This is getting clearer now!

So, if a medium mortar hits a bunker, it will never cause any kills inside and cannot destroy it because it is a HE 2″  weapon, D6 and you need at least 12 points (2D6) or more.

What about the pinning? Do I still roll a D3 to pin the soldiers inside?

Some additional Questions:

Can you assault a Bunker? Can you force the door? Does the door have any relevance?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Steiner.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Steiner.
    Nat
    Participant

HE v Buildings… yep they ignore the -2 cover for being in a building (because they are hitting the building)… so following on yep 2″ v bunker = pins only

Yep the rules dont say anything (that I can see on a quick flick through) about not applying PINs or limiting them

Assaulting any building has to be done through entrances … so windows, doors etc … or opening made by heavy weapons! (altough they cant do this against bunkers)

Steeljackal
    Participant

Assaulting any building has to be done through entrances … so windows, doors

If trought entrances, then you can’t assault reaching a window, beacuse you can enter in a bunker only reaching a door.

Rules are not clear on this. You can assault reaching an opening (opening that you can use to enter or not) or only reaching an opening you can enter?

Bunker follow building rules with exceptions:

– you can enter only reaching a door (not a window)

– you can fire only throught a window (not a door)

NOTE: I wrote “windows” but I speaking of “firing slits” as in bunker paragraph

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Steeljackal.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.