Advance order and team weapons

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Advance order and team weapons

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Haskeer
    Participant

1. Advance order says you can move then fire – can’t find anything to say otherwise, so I’m assuming you can’t fire first then move?

2. Squad based team weapons ( I.e. Lmg and light mortar) – if the loader is killed are the effects permanent or can/must the role be taken over by another rifleman? I’m thinking that I can’t see any negatives to losing the light mortar loader so seems to be the obvious first choice casualty in the squad??

3. Medium mortar team – any negatives to being down to the last crewman? Can’t find any effect on movement and indirect fire not affected by loss of crew??

Thanks in advance,

John.

Greg S
    Participant

1. You must move first.

2. If the loader is killed, the effect is permanent. But as you say there is no effect on mortars.

3. The only effect is a -1 to morale and order tests. (p42)

Haskeer
    Participant

Thanks Greg. I was expecting a movement penalty for a mortar crew to be down to one man, it’s hard to imagine one guy, carrying tube, base plate and ammo, running as fast as an infantryman, but so be it!

😂

Greg S
    Participant

Yep, one guy can run carrying a heavy mortar on his own and set it up ready to fire. Or single handedly maneuver a 25 pounder half that distance. 🙂

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“Or single handedly maneuver a 25 pounder half that distance. 🙂” – er… no!

In the middle of the sentence telling you heavy and super heavy artillery can’t move on a Run order – “… as well as any lighter gun whose crew is reduced to a single man,…”

Greg S
    Participant

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Nat
    Participant

1. IN one of the campaign books (bulge I think) there is a variant that allows you to shoot with the -1 penalty then move…but this is a campaign scenario style alteration and not for pick up play

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.