Your favourite 1000 point force

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Your favourite 1000 point force

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Master Chief
    Participant

What do you include in your favourite 1000 point force? My attached 1000 point US force consists of 2 platoons, each with 1 inexperienced first lieutenant, 1 regular 6-man squad, 1 regular engineer team, 1 regular Chaffee and 1 inexperienced M3 White Scout Car. The only difference is Platoon 1 has a regular Forward Air Observer while Platoon 2 has a regular heavy mortar.

Nat
    Participant

Dont really have a favorite list… but I do have a core that I find hard not to take…

1 x snr (1st) Lt

2 x 11 man guards with 2 LMGs + 1 Pzf

1 x Zis3 AT gun

2 x AT Rifle teams

1 x 12 man inexp rifle squad with AT grenades (these guys are free!)

… I find it hard not to take my MMG team with gunshield… rearly kills much but does upset people and takes a lot of fire!!!!

from that depending on the theater lists we’re usings (we year match lists or take generics against each other so we dont have Soviet Seelow heights V 1942 US…)

I add a tank (T34 /OT34 /Sherman /KV) – want to try out my ISU152  properly though!

a small (6 man) tank rider squad… some times with body armour

an armoured car (BA64 /BA10)

a 2nd Zis 3 AT gun

engineer squad..vaires the load out of bodyarmour or not and flamethrower etc

more infantry squads and teams…

Master Chief
    Participant

Nice choices. I was recently thinking of forming a Chinese force from the Empires in Flames book, and saw it uses the BA20M armoured car, a variant of the Soviet BA20 but with same stats. The BA20 looks interesting as a fast moving flamethrower team with recce capability to escape attacks if needed. I am thinking of getting a couple from CompanyB who makes them.

Gordon L. Allen
    Participant

Hello,

The main force I play with is a 1000 U.S. Infantry early\mid-war force (it is themed for Operation Torch\North Africa).

While there may be little variations, I usually take the following:

Command – 1st Lieutenant armed with sub-machine gun plus additional solder armed with sub-machinegun. Command rating is Regular.

3 8-man infantry squads, which include a BAR. I have one squad with the NCO armed with an SMG. The other 2 NCOs are armed with rifles. The squad with the NCO armed with a sub-machine gun is given “Tank Hunter” and all are given hand grenades. All are Regular.

1 Light Mortar Team – Regular

1 Bazooka Team – Regular

1 Medium Howitzer + Spotter and Gun Shield  – Regular

1 M3 HalfTrack with pintle-mounted HMG – Regular (This is for the Infantry squad with Tank Hunter to ride in.)

1 Jeep – Regular (This is for either the Lieutenant team or the Bazooka Team to ride in.

1 M4 Sherman – Veteran (If I’m really wanting to be as authentic as possible, I’ll take an M3 Lee instead.)

Master Chief
    Participant

Nice choices. I have always struggled between choosing 1 veteran Sherman vs 2 regular Chaffees with recce ability.

I chose the M3 White scout car over the M3 Halftrack for the former’s longer movement range, although it can only transport 8 men vs the latter’s 12 men. But that is sufficient for my 5-man engineer team. I also chose inexperienced officers and M3 Scout Cars for lack of points, but their main purposes are to trigger 2 units (officer) and to transport the engineers (Scout Car).

Essentially I have created two 500-point platoons which are hopefully “viable” attack forces on their own. However they lack the punch of a heavy AT gun against the German heavy tanks, and so will have to rely on strategic maneuvering and terrain to achieve their objectives.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.