What is your ultimate Bolt Action table?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action What is your ultimate Bolt Action table?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Wasdell
    Participant

Hi all. So how and where do you play your Bolt Action games? Do you use mats and scatter terrain? Purpose built gaming tables? In clubs, kitchens, attics…?

I’m new to the game, if not the hobby and have made an unusual decision…I’ve commissioned a well-known YouTube terrain maker to build me a 16ft x 4ft modular table, themed on the Normandy actions of the Band of Brothers. Why?

Well, simply because I’m lucky (and crazy) enough to do it. But also because I want to try to use the table to promote both the game and the hobby, and hopefully one day even use it as part of an immersive history event for schools. I’m based in London, currently shielding alone from Covid, so very keen to hear from anyone, about anything!

If you’re interested in seeing the table being built, then keep an eye on GeekGamingScenics YouTube channel over the next couple of months.

And if you’d like to arrange a game on it…here I am.

Best wishes

Duncan Wasdell

Ian
    Participant

Hi Duncan

First of all welcome to Bolt Action. It’s a really good set of WWII platoon level rules, so I do hope you enjoy playing. Also D-Day/Normandy is a great period with all the different troops types and strange vehicles scurrying about the table.

I hope your table works out well and you get a lot of enjoyment from it . I also like the idea of promoting the hobby using such a vast table.

Happy gaming

Ian

Paul Nettle
    Participant

Hi Duncan

Welcome to the game.  I subscribe to GeekGaming on YouTube so I heard about the 16′ by 4′ table he is making.  It sounds really great.

At home I use a 6′ by 4′ table covered with a single green unfitted bedsheet.  Covered in scatter terrain.  I also have a few game mats.  In lockdown I have been reduced to solo games.

I am a member of the Swindon and District Wargamers club (www.sadwargamers.com) and as a club we provide terrain for members.

At https://paulwargaming.blogspot.com/ you can see one of my solo games and also the 8′ by 6′ table we set up for an all-day Normandy beach assault game.

Happy gaming.

Duncan Wasdell
    Participant

Thanks Paul.

That beach looks pretty impregnable to me!

I’m hoping to use the completed table from Luke as a bit of an excuse to see as much of this country as I can, as and when we can, while trying to raise a bit of money for charity and do a bit to promote various aspects of the hobby. I’ve asked Luke to build a Salute-worthy table, that could go on tour. Let me know if you want to know more… Or you could just keep watching his videos…

Best wishes

Duncan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.