What Are Equipment Cards?

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies What Are Equipment Cards?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Participant

On Facebook, the BRS page there is a picture of the RAF expansion pack. 6 aircraft cards (2 are bombers) with the trait cards, 3 doctrine, 3 theater & 3 Equipment cards…

So what are Equipment Cards? the one you can read looks like its a bomb load style card (light load)

Koin-Koin

The light load seems to allow to swap trait for a squadron as it permit to swap deep pocket with great climb for the play.

I have no idea if the second one is of the same kind, but the third seems different.

Koin-Koin

And BTW, the cards should be available with the March UK reinforcement.
    I think we can expect a German pack with the April release.

Renko
    Participant

Equipment cards are a new addition to BRS. Basically they’re there to represent changes that historically could be found in equipment or fuel and the like. Some are points costed, some involve nerfs to balance out buffs, so for instance the light load card will allow you to represent the Dutch stripping out some of the guns on their Buffalo fighters to improve agility, or the Soviets removing the wing guns from their Aircobra’s. Light Load is free, but you sacrifice one point of firepower for one point of agility

Nat
    Participant

cheers for the info

Koin-Koin

More info can be found here

nmcabecadas
    Participant

WG 21 was first used in 1943, however the card say 1940.

Renko
    Participant

I think theyre confusing two different cards. There’s a rocket equipment card in the soon to be released Johnny Red expansion that has that wording – it is there to represent the Soviet A2A rockets and similar – hence the 1940 date. The Werfergranate 21 is a different equipment card that has a different effect – or rather the playtest one did, and its only available to the Germans from 43

EDIT
    The card is to represent all A2A rockets – the Werfergranate 21 included (this is a change from the playtest) but the date is just a general date to reflect when they came into use, not specifically the Werfergranate 21. We may still get the 21 later

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Renko.
    Cat Shot One
    Participant

As much as I like the idea of additional cards, I wonder why the Ju-87B or Spitfire XIV cards are not part of the upcoming plane packs right away.
    Weren’t Poorly trained Opponents, High Altitude Performance & Seasoned Pilots already in the core game?

Typo spoted: Luftwaffe expansion pack, Ju-88C: “destoyer” is missing an R.

Andy Chambers
    Participant

There are some repeated cards in the expansion sets for players who don’t want to get the base game but fancy collecting a few planes. I’ve tried to balance that out with totally new things as well like equipment and new theatre and doctrine cards.

The expansion sets avoid doing cards for models that will come out as squadron boxes, but they do include variants on those models – I think the Soviet one has three different Yaks in it if i remember right.

For squadron boxes we usually only do a single profile card but we have done some with two profile cards. We’ve kind of wobbled around on that one to be honest. I’m still not sure what the best route is there. My original plan was to have multiple profile cards for each core squadron in the box so you could play early, mid and late versions but that got nixed.

Oops on the typo.

Cat Shot One
    Participant

In case a re-print should happen, here another typo:
    Luftwaffe Expansion pack
    He 177A
    “Grief” should be “Greif”

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Speaking about reprints, is there a chance for a corrected Mosquito box (with right traits) to come out soon?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.