Wake markers

Home Forums Historical Black Seas Wake markers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    csmith
    Participant

Other than being a method of noting what lv of sail a ship is at, is there any other rule/function for these things?

I ask as we found the table seemed cluttered & had considered moving these of to the side with the cards.

Andy Watkins
    Participant

I have seen others abandon them altogether

Capt John Sparrow
    Participant

In a Goblin Games/Warlord collaboration video they use them under the ship cards off-table.

Steve Burt
    Participant

I like them – I think they look good on the table. One useful feature is that they show you where a ship started its move so when someone does half their move then changes their mind, you can put the model back where it started.

Lincolnlog
    Participant

They do look good, and my club is RAW purists. So they are a requirement. I had to make my own due to scale difference. I’ve been told mine look better than the included markers.

Capt John Sparrow
    Participant

I’m still using them. Their absence helps to remember a ship is “anchored” for one thing.

hazed100
    Participant

Could we not create a resin version with some bulk and weight to them? This way as mentioned earlier you could use them to not only look fantastic but they act as a “starting position move” marker, in case of an error you can put your ship back to a starting position then once a move is finished correctly you reseat them under the ship model
    I was thinking, what about a clear resin? It could be done I think
    Alternatively why not a solid representation of wake and water with a small peg hole in which you place a little sail shaped peg with “light”,”battle” and “full” written on them and you swap them out accordingly?

Ken Redington
    Participant

Seen more then one game on You tube putting then behind the cards on the sideboard. Sort of like this idea but may start them there then transfer them to the ship as it moves. You can see who has moved already that way.

Lt. Greensword
    Participant

I prefer to keep them off table with the shipcards. I base all my ships on clear plastic bases with painted wake and bow wave so it looks confusing with the wake markers as well.

Vincent
    Participant

I use them under the ships cards, not on the table. I slide them in/out as the level of sail requires. Works fine. So they do have their function to indicate the level of sail, but do not hinder play. I find it much easier to move the ships around without the wake markers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.