Upcoming Afrika Korps & British 8th Army

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Upcoming Afrika Korps & British 8th Army

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Steven Green
    Participant

Does anyone know if these two upcoming boxes of plastic troops are really new, or are they the Perry plastics reboxed?

I am very close to starting the buildup of African forces, and had planned on getting the Perry figures, because I prefer to work with plastics when possible. But I have heard (and seen photos) and know the Perry figures are, shall we say, not as “heroic” as Warlord figures.

I would prefer that my new African forces blend in better with my existing troops, and thus would rather have the more heroic proportions that Warlord figures usually have.

So if anyone knows if these are really new figures, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

RichC

These are totally new Warlord designed plastics with poses based on the classic Airfix chaps 🙂

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Two of Airfix’s finest WW2 sets 🙂

Troy Hill
    Participant

I may be starting a DAK army soon… Drat. Told my wife I was done buying minis 😉

Steven Green
    Participant

Excellent news! I shall hold off on the Perry’s and wait for these new sets to be released.

Slyde Klewlis
    Participant

I like to purchase new sculpt sets when they are first released as the molds are new and the details more crisp.

John
    Participant

Any idea when we get pictures of the new sprues?

Dr Dave
    Participant

While the Perry effort was commendable the British box was let down by only having enough bayonets for half of the Enfield armed figures. Yet another case of the presumed order “FIX… BAYONETS – if you feel like it, don’t feel under any pressure to do as I say…”

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Is this proper bayonets still, or has it slipped in to the small pointy ones?

Gareth
    Participant

My mouth is watering already or perhaps is my wallet crying at the thought of spending more money. Can’t wait lol.

Boaz
    Participant

With the “Desert Warfare Catslogue” out soon we should have a nice preview …

Andy Lilof
    Participant

There is a picture of the DAK sprue up online. And much goodness there is!! ( have to be honest I’ve been looking with a view of conversions for my Normandy forces but….it’s still shiny. Chrome!!)

Dr Dave
    Participant

@Charge the Guns

The bayonets are the “proper” sword type. I do hope there’s enough in there to do an accurate job.

invisible officer
    Participant

May be that the new British have the P1907 fixed but the sprue pics of the WĂŒstenfĂŒchse show no fixed bayonets. A topos? Rats charging and foxes ….?

The heads, 18 different. Tropical helmets (rarely worn in fight by DAK), steel helmets, officer’s SchirmmĂŒtze, Schiffchen and peaked field cap. Sounds like a lot but as far as I count no option to have soft caps of one type for all six men on sprue.

The Stielhandgranate. Typical view of Landser by British. German Eierhandgranate was much used.
    No spade in hand for close fighting. just the common mix of K98,pistol, LMG, SMG and a PanzerbĂŒchse AT rifle.

OK, high class nagging. I hope the size will fit to my Perry 8th army but fear the style will be different.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Thanks for the review tips Dr. Dave and IO. All very tempting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.