Unit Facing

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Unit Facing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ethan
    Participant

Hi everyone. Just got into Bolt action and love it. I have a question though regarding unit facing and I could find no reference to it in the rules (unless I missed it) other than vehicles and heavy guns. But for infantry is the direction they’re facing part of the rules? Does it matter? Specifically we had disagreement during gameplay about ambush. Some of us thought that it mattered what direction the infantry was facing and others felt they should be able to be looking all around all the time. So, is this listed in the rules somewhere that I did not see? How do others handle this? Thanks!

Nat
    Participant

Unless the weapon has the FIXED rule or is mounted on a vehicle then it has a 360 arc. – As you noted there is no restrictions on where you draw LoS from for a standard model, this is why they have a 360 arc.

Vehicles are fixed to the 90 arc specified. as said on pg 177..note exceptions are unjamed turrets which turn to the arc they want to shoot at, and weapons with the pintel-mount rule (which grants then a 360deg arc)

None vehicles with the fixed rule are locked to the 90deg arc forward.

Infantry may draw LoS through other models in their unit but cant draw loS within 1″ of a friendly unit they can hurt

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Nat.
    Ethan
    Participant

Thanks NAT!

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

One correction, Nat, – “and weapons with the pintel-mount rule (which grants then a 360deg arc)”

Pintle mounted doesn’t automatically mean 360 degree – some pintle mounted weapons are restricted in their arcs (ie additonal pintle MMGs on M3 half tracks each cover a specific arc while the included pintle HMG is 360 degree). “Depending on where they are mounted,a pintle-mounted gun can cover anywhere from a single arc to 360 degrees as noted in the vehicle’s description.” (p104, Vehicles, Vehicle Mounted Weapons, Pintle-Mounted Weapons, fourth sentence).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.