Thread Approval

Home Forums General Discussion Thread Approval

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rough Rider
    Participant

I posted a thread in Pike and Shotte subforum on Sunday and I was informed it would have to be approved. Has it failed the approval test? If so, can you tell me why?

Craig
    Keymaster

I believe the forum software automatically flagged it as spam because of the html codes visible in the post.

I have approved it.

Rough Rider
    Participant

Thank you.

Konrad
    Participant

I have a same issue, i posted a thread (in General Discussion) about winsor&newton markers, if anyone use them for painting miniatures. Thread was visible till I edited it, and now its gone.

Craig
    Keymaster

Sorry Konrad! Sometimes the spam detection gets flagged when a post links to an external website.

I have approved and will monitor.

Greg S
    Participant

Is there any kind of notification?  I’ve posted a few things in the last few days that just seem to vanish into thin air, either with links or image links.

Greg

Anthony Miles
    Participant

I guess that why my post on my Napoleonic Portuguese disappeared without a trace after I submitted it then, had a link to my blog in it.

Craig
    Keymaster

I have approved it, the system treated the link as spam.

Sorry about this.

Cheers

Craig

Rough Rider
    Participant

I posted another thread in Pike and Shotte on Monday that is still awaiting approval.

Craig
    Keymaster

I have approved!

Rough Rider
    Participant

Thank you.  Any way to get around requiring approval for this kind of thing?

Edit: I just tried to edit it to get the pictures to show and now the thread has disappeared again.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Rough Rider.
    Koin-Koin

I suppose my last post is in the spam box at the moment.
    Not sure if it is linked to the same behavior but all my externally hosted pics don’t show anymore for quite some time now.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Koin-Koin. Reason: tyàpo
    Craig
    Keymaster

Koin Koin, I investigated your image issue. The site is configured to download all images/etc from external servers via HTTPS secure connection, if this is not possible then the external resource is deleted. When i manually tried to download your images using HTTPS instead of HTTP it failed to download, this is why the forum cannot download the images.

I have therefore updated the server to allow HTTP image downloads from your server – so everything will be visible again.

Enjoyed looking through your Blood Red Skies photos!

Koin-Koin

Thanks for the update, unfortunately I missed it but seen that pics are ok now.
    I can’t force https on my side but it should be how things should be done to avoid you to lower forum security.

I’ve just post a reply in the BRS forum (rules topic) and the post is still invisible while I appear as the last poster.

The reason I suspect is one of the link I put in it. One is the BRS site, the other to another forum topic.

EDIT: and thanks for the planes 😉

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Koin-Koin.
    Koin-Koin

Hi Craig,

Another post waiting for validation or stuck in the spam box.

I replied to the BRS Yak1 or 1B  thread (I appear as the last poster in the thread list) but the post doesn’t show.

It may be due to 2 links I put in it, but one is to WL store and the second to the BRS official site :/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.