Soviet Infantry/LMG Squad Size

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Soviet Infantry/LMG Squad Size

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Heather
    Participant

How many figures do you experienced players field in an early war soviet infantry (or LMG) squad.

From what I’ve read, historically, 11 seems to be the full strength size on paper.

The main rule book even states 11 men in the body text but when it comes to the table in both the rule book and the army book it caters for 12 man squads.

I’m inclined to stick with 11 men but in the back of my mind I wonder whether the designers believe that 12 men leads to better gameplay.

Interested in hearing what you guys do.

Cheers,

Nigel

Master Chief
    Participant

I have not tried using the Soviet LMG squads yet. Typically I would field half squads, so I wouldn’t face this issue. However assuming I am fielding a full squad, I would follow the Armies of Soviet Union book and field a 12-men squad, until an errata officially changes it.

Nat
    Participant

They state that it started off pre-war as 12 but then dropped due to re-orgs after Barbarrossa

However as I take this game to be more hollywood than real life I’d run the 12 men thats in the book as it gives you the order re-roll until you’ve lost a model.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.