skirmishers charged in the open

Home Forums Historical Hail Caesar skirmishers charged in the open

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angel Saquero
    Participant

Hi, guys!

Angel here, with some more weekly questions (copypasted from FB group):

It seems that skirmishers can chose to stand when charged in the open by heavies. It´s little odd, because you can, for example, stand in front of a charging wildfighters warband and obligue them to use the 1st round 3 rerolls in combat against an expendable enemy. If you also play with the victory conditions from the book, then the skirmishers neither are taken into account for broken division calculation!!

On the other hand, when a small skirmisher unit reform when charged, they do it in a single row! so they cover a big front, recieving the charge of 2 enemy standar units…too much for some skirmishers, isn´t it? Or am I wrong?

Please, help us 🙂!

Big Al
    Participant

I answered this on FB, but I don’t think you were happy with it. You could try calling Rick in on it there. He tends not to respond on here.

Angel Saquero
    Participant

Hi!

what´s your nick in FB? 🙂 🙂

I´m not happy or unhappy with the answers on FB, but sometimes the subtleties of the language create confusion.
    I think rules are the way the author sees the subject, but I prefer ask rather than argument with my friends - gamers. Once established, the rules are ok for everybody.

Big Al
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply, Angel. On FB I just use my name Alex Elstone

arcole
    Participant

Dont know what if any answer you got, but I would personally not force a wild fighter unit to use that ability against Skirmishers as that would be a bit “gamey”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.