Shooting From Buildings

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Shooting From Buildings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Haskeer
    Participant

With regard to the rule about 2 people being able to shoot from each window and door – does my Lmg loader take up a slot, or can I fire an Lmg and a rifleman from one window?

John

Nat
    Participant

Personally I’d say no.

Reason the loader is not shooting so why would they need LoS which is what the window /doorway gives

Nigel Heather
    Participant

My feeling, based on common sense rather than knowledge of the rules is this.

If the LMG is belt fed, like a German MG34 then the loader needs to be beside the gunner so is taking up room by the window.

I suppose you could argue that he is to the side behind the side wall making room for another infantryman.

But also think how the firing position is. With riflemen, you would be mostly behind the side walls then pop out to fire and pop back in. But the LMG gunner has to be set up permanently so takes up more room at the window, he needs room to change barrels and to clear jams and his loader needs access to feed or provide ammo.

So personally, if they were my rules, I’d say that the LMG takes up the window on its own.

Cheers,

Nigel

Greg S
    Participant

We assume the loader is out of site, so the LMG plus one can fire.

Haskeer
    Participant

Thanks folks, good points.

John

Witch Racer
    Participant

Hi
    I’m hoping to get a Hf2 horsedrawn field wagon. Are there any rules for this model and who can use it?

Witch Racer
    Participant

Hi
    I see that the new Gep.M.Trsp.WG.Bedford (e) armoured-carrier comes with a MG34 Zwllingslafette. Will it be possible to mount it on an other vehicle eg a Opel Blitz, Kfz 69/70 Horch or a Hf2 horsedrawn field wagon.

Nat
    Participant

Hi Witch Racer – your posts dont match the topic of this thread, in future please create a new one so things dont get lost /confused.

However to answer your questions
    1) Horsedrawn limbers, are added to nations in the campaign supplement OST front

2)are you talking about rules or modeling? rules wise depends on the unit in question (horsedrawn limbers is a no). Modeling, should be able to… might take a bit of work, but not sure as not seen the model

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.