SDKFZ 10

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action SDKFZ 10

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Witch Racer
    Participant

After painting and assembling my sdkfz 10 can anyone tell me about the hoop at the rear of the vehicle. Apart from carrying barbed wire dose it have ant over use.

Nigel Heather
    Participant

I think that hoop is meant to be a reel of cable, hawser or barbed wire, it is not part of the vehicle.  Not modelled vey well, if I were bothered, I would cut it off and replace with some wire.

Cheers,

Nigel

invisible officer
    Participant

No, that device was a metal ring.  Just a fraction of the SdKfz 10 had it.

Witch Racer
    Participant

Thanks I think I will try using a steel hawser from my spares box on one and leave it off the second one I may even try to fit the covered windscreen from a Horch field car. I bet barbed wire made hitching up a gun at night interesting at night.

invisible officer
    Participant

Lol.  For reasons like that the ring was attached, it’s a barbed wire holder.   It worked but was not fitted to later vehicles.

Modellers would have a closer look at the back. The later ones had a stronger construction for heavier tows.  And for those with hydraulic breaks a pump was added, easy seen is the big air drum over the coupling on these vehicles.

Kar98k
    Participant

Speaking of SdKfz.10s, I just recently learned that Rubicon Models will be releasing one of these soon. I already have a resin SdKfz.10 model (from Blitzkrieg Miniatures), but I think it’s time to replace it. Also, a good time to get more of these as well as getting the RM SdKfz.10/4 add-on kit. Good times ahead.

I have been very impressed with RM plastic model kits, and compared to any resin model (including the nice Blitzkrieg Miniatures models), RM model kits are fantastic for the WW2 tabletop gamer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.