Question about eye candy cannon plumes in black seas.

Home Forums Historical Black Seas Question about eye candy cannon plumes in black seas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hazed100
    Participant

I was thinking of buying the plume markers from cruel seas game to use in black seas but realising one game is 1/300 and the other 1/700 I was wondering will they look rediculously big?
    I know there’s no mechanic for the use of plumes BTW just want them for cinematic addition! 👍
    If it’s a little exaggerated I’m not bothered but what do you guys think? Will I be better off waiting for warlord to make black seas eye candy type plume markers or making my own? or would the cool looking resin cruel seas plume markers be a nice addition and fit the purpose fine?
    What do you say?

invisible officer
    Participant

Hmm, not just the bigger scale is a problem. The solid cannon ball did not produce such a prominent mark.
    Sometimes they even bounced over the surface like the stones we all have thrown…….

Steve Burt
    Participant

I have splash markers for WW1 and WW2 games (1:3000 scale). I made them by gluing a small screw to a washer, then covering the screw bit with acrylic texture gel. Paint blue/green and then highlight with white. I don’t think cannonballs make big splashes like 12″ shells, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.