Panzerfaust point cost

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Panzerfaust point cost

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zouave5
    Participant

My question, in the SS Charlemagne and Stafbattalion lists from Ostfront book, panzerfaust cost 10 points each. Is this correct or should they be 5 points?
    The May 2019 FAQ clarified that all panzerfausts in the Allies of Italy and the Axis are to be 5 points. So shouldn’t these also be reduced. They are the only German lists where panzerfaust cost more then 5 points.
    Thank you in advance for the replies.
    Zouave5

Nigel Heather
    Participant

Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if it is a reflection that the PanzerFaust only entered service in 1943 so may have been rarer in the Eastern Front compared with Normandy and the defence of Germany when practically everyone had them.

Cheers,

Nigel

Zouave5
    Participant

Hello Nigel, thanks for the reply. I would agree with that logic if they didn’t change the points costs for everybody in the Armies of Italy and the Axis book. And the Stafbattalion is listed in the Last Levy theater selectors so panzerfaust were like candy at that point. Lol. That is my intended list and why the question is being asked.

Nat
    Participant

WLG said that they are not going to FAQ /Errata the campaign books… the general Army books they do FAQ/Errata.

Having said that as its only the Campaign books where PZFs are still 10 points in places so I’d argue that they should be 5 points. If going to a tournament then I’d ask the TO (especially as not every TO even allows campaign books!) to rule before submitting a list… for club /house games I’d put in a flat ‘house rule’ of PZFs are 5 points in everylist.

Background excuses like Nigel’s hold no water in my book… look at the Armies of the Soviet Union , where they get to take PZFs at 5 points in every theatre list where they are available (technically one is a 1942-43 list… so before they were designed :p)! So how do you explain that the side using captured ones get them cheeper than the ‘elite’ of the nation who makes them? :p

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Nat.
    Zouave5
    Participant

I agree 5 points all around at least for the Germans. Thank you for the reply.

Paul Nettle
    Participant

The Romanians pay 10 points for their Panzerfausts, but the Romanians can take them in 1941 when they were very rare indeed! The Romanians can luckily boost their anti-tank capabilities in 1941 by taking a Panther tank as well. This is very welcome, becuase the Romanian R2 tank (which was by far their most popular in terms of numbers in 1941/1942) doesn’t appear at all in the Romanian army list.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.