Pacific Game – Decals who new !

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Pacific Game – Decals who new !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    harryb
    Participant

During lock down we (Glasgow Warhogs) have been looking at a Pacific game…we picked an island and ordered up from Warlord 3 pks of Marines and 3 pkts of Japs (Naval Marines and 2 normal infantry). These look great when painted up.

But for our island I noticed from our research that the US marines used LVT1’s with Sherman M4a2 (plain not up armoured).

So we printed some LVT1’s and 6 Shermans… But the other interesting thing we uncovered was that the tanks had no US star markings ! and had a strange elephant marking on the side of their tanks.

No-one had the decal set.  So I decided to make it. What a trial this was… I had to trace the elephant out using software – then colour it – then create a water slide decal….and then I discovered the clear decal paper disappeared on the tank….because of the dark colour. I then had to re-print on white decal paper with but use a green background (same colour as tank – or so I thought).

What a marathon effort just to get decals.

Anyway they turned out ok….I think (more pics on our blog).

But take this as a word of caution….. USE WHITE decal water slide paper on DARK surfaces!!! Anyone else had this issue?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by harryb.
    Greg S
    Participant

Yes. I tried to put yellow home-made decals on a black spaceship.   I would up trying several different types of decal paper before painting a white circle on the ship to apply the decal to.

harryb
    Participant

White background …Good thinking…yes who new a decal would be so complicated. You think print and GO…but no.

Ohh well it’s done now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.