Open Order Cavalry and evading

Home Forums Historical Hail Caesar Open Order Cavalry and evading

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    arcole
    Participant

Hi All,

I had a situation in a game last night were a unit of heavy infantry charged 2 small light cavalry units in open order.

When rolling to see how successful the evade would be, one of the cavalry units rolled a 12. Should that be treated as a blunder, or just a single evade move?

We decided to treat it as a blunder, and the unit rolled a 6 – charge. Should the cavalry be allowed to do that as they are in open order. Reading the countercharge section at the bottom of page 60 I think that they should not.

Big Al
    Participant

It should be treated as a blunder. The evade rule states that quite clearly. As the unit is Open Order, it cannot Charge a formed unit, so can’t charge the charging infantry. The easiest thing to do is reroll on the blunder table. Alternatively, just treat it as a failed order and move the evaders a single move away from the charging enemy.

arcole
    Participant

Thank You

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Perhaps one of those things that you have go with what sounds best, but I would go with the counter charge option. Crazy things happen in moments of stress and it could be that the ‘officer’ gave the wrong order.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.