no lmgs in folgore

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action no lmgs in folgore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

hi i have just got the western desert book so i can build a folgore platoon . I have wanted to make one for some time but in the book they don’t get light machine in the squads but in the Italy book the airborne squads (also more smgs) do. is this a mistake? if not why don’t they have Lmg’s

Nat
    Participant

points on campaign books….

i) they are all (except when in a seriers like DDay or Italy) independant of each other – they like to pretend that only they, the core rulebook & armies of… books exist
    ii) often they have completely different authors (this is why the same unit can have different rules!).  The Author will put in the rules they think best suit for the campaign the book covers
    iii) the above two points mean that consistancy ISNT a key point in campaign books … and a large reason why they’re not always accepted in open play

Chris
    Participant

thx for the reply . i am still confused though

SteveT
    Participant

Yes, exactly what Nat was saying. Do not expect consistency or finely-tuned balance in some of the campaign books, as they are often designed as stand alone experiences.

It could also  simply be they missed the LMG line in Western Desert, but it has not yet been picked up in Errata. That is my bet, as it is very odd for an infantry unit not to have that basic option, unless the author here thought it better simulated their light speedy role.

But you can use either definition – it is a points based game, so it doesn’t matter. If you pay your 20 points, it is all good.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by SteveT.
    Nat
    Participant

Intresting… (just doing a bit of reading up) Folgore was a single poorly equiped division (& was destroyed in the 2nd battle of El Alamein (the one british history remembers, but doesnt remember the Italins in it!).

So the Western Desert book having them without LMGs, but SMGs to make up for it is possible

coljacksimpson57
    Participant

The folgore squads in north Africa had the Breda LMG. I like to use historical OBs – and sometimes have to tweak the unit lists to facilitate this (i.e., a bazooka in a U.S. infantry squad and not as a separate team).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.